Well I know my last post was about my dog Sadie, I am doing another post about my other dog Otis because we had to put him to sleep early Sunday morning. He was ten years old and has been in my family for the last eight years. I found him in the Provo pound when he was only two and I think my mom was very hesitant at first, but like always she was a good sport with me and being a huge animal lover! Well Otis lived a great life, he spent his time with my mom at her house and lived the lap of luxury. His own yard to run in whenever he so pleased, his own king size bed to sleep in, organic dog food, ice water in his water bowl, a doggie door so he never had to "hold" it until my mom got home to let him out. But even with being so spoiled Otis was hands down the best dog for our family and loved us back unconditionally. He was always happy to see you, his little "nubber" (docked tail) would wag so hard his whole rear end would move back and forth. Although he could clear a room with one of his silent but deadlies I would take those anyday to have him back. He was old for a boxer and the night before we put him down his back had gotten so bad that he could not even move his back legs to get up or walk. I know it was what had to be done, but it was still one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. Otis we love you and will miss you a lot, but now you can stink it up for Steve until I see you again.
2 comments:
Ellen I am so sorry to hear about Otis I know you and Johnny both loved him so much. If you need anything let us know.
Your description of him was perfect Ellen. I especially liked the part about his "nubber" tail wagging. I'm going to miss him coming up to me whenver I walked in the door. Who am I going to secretly feed bits of BBQ to? I miss his old soul.
Post a Comment